This ad is expired.
Case Manager/Staff Psychotherapist
Type of Position
In collaboration wth Furman counseling staff, facilitates referrals to outside and other psychological resources. Also provides individual therapy.
Reports to Title
Director, Furman Counseling Center
Full or Part Time
Number Of Months
12 months per year
Full time/12 month position, Monday through Friday 9 am -5 pm One evening per week until 7 pm rotated on-call responsibilities evenings/weekends
Position Summary Information
Essential Duties Summary
1. In collaboration with clinical and psychiatric staff, serves as a primary resource for students, facilitating referrals to outside psychological and other resources. 35%
2. Provide individual psychotherapy, intakes, triages. 20%
3. Rotate on-call responsibilities with Furman Staff. 5%
4. Serves as a chief liaison to outside clinical and social support resources. Helps to identify, develop and maintain a network of outside providers and institutions to whom students can be referred. 10%
5. Provides comprehensive case management to higher risk students and/or students with complex psychosocial circumstances as they transition through different levels of mental health care, which may include hospitalization, residential treatment program, day treatment program, and ongoing outpatient treatment.20%
6. Serves as a liaison to students on medical leave of absence for psychological reasons, promoting continuity of care and helping students maintain a sense of connection to the University. 5%
7. Compiles data and creates periodic reports on all liaison and consultation activities; participates in quality assurance activities related to assigned scope of duties. 5%
8. Maintain patient records in accordance with regulations and policies.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Ability to assess, evaluate and refer students to appropriate resources and referrals
Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively within a counseling service.
excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Required Qualification Summary
LCSW in social work.
Licensure or license eligible in NY State
Minimum of 3 years related experience .
Advanced diagnostic and clinical skills, particularly with respect to crisis intervention
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Demonstrated ability to work with serious psychopathology (e.g. suicidal and psychotic patients)
Demonstrated experience and ability to serve diverse clients (e.g., students of color, LGBTQIA+ students, first-gen low income students, international students), awareness of the impact of oppression on well-being, and a strong commitment to promoting social justice
Experience in case management
Preferred Qualification Summary
Demonstrated training and experience in one or more areas of specialty:
LGBTQ issues, problems of first generation/low income or international students, multicultural concerns, trauma, survivors of sexual violence.
Familiarity with local psychiatric resources and social services.
Posting Detail Information
Barnard College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Barnard does not discriminate due to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis, and to the extent permitted by law. Qualified candidates of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.
Open Until Filled
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/qqwQxyTNwWdOCorrsGdXl
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency