- Director of Graduate Forensic Psychology & Assistant Professor
- Go to our website »
Director of Graduate Forensic Psychology & Assistant Professor
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College is actively seeking a director who will provide leadership and vision for a new Forensic Psychology Master's Program. A twelve-month faculty position, the role includes development and administration of the graduate program in Forensic Psychology as well as teaching, scholarship, and service. The position is tenure-track and rank is commensurate with previous teaching experience, past scholarly achievement, past work experience and service. A creative thinker with with a strong work ethic, commitment to the concepts of innovation, continuous improvement, and excellence in higher education are fundamental to this position.
- Develop graduate level program curricula for a master's degree in psychology with a forensic emphasis and gain approval from institution, regional accreditor and program accreditor as needed.
- Lead and administer the graduate program including assessment and periodic review, planning, development, and general effectiveness which includes budget development, scheduling classes, staffing courses, meeting with faculty and students, and assisting faculty in professional development activities
- Teach graduate level courses and undergraduate courses in psychology and counseling
- Supervise student research at the graduate level
- Evaluate faculty in the graduate programs
- Initiate outreach to external partners and the creation of new partnerships
- Engage in scholarly activity appropriate to the discipline such as publishing, presenting at national, regional, and local conferences, conducting research and/or grant writing and related activities
- Fulfill all roles and responsibilities associated with a full-time faculty appointment, including teaching, scholarship and service to the program and institution
- Other duties as assigned
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Include a letter of application, a curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, and three professional references.
- Earned doctorate in the relevant discipline and area.
- Emphasis or research in Forensic Psychology or experience in forensic practice is desirable, though A.B.D. candidates nearing completion of their doctoral degrees will also be considered.
- 3 or more years' experience teaching at the college level and demonstrated online and instructional technology skills are preferred. Excellent leadership, communication, team participation, and human relation skills.
- Managerial or leadership experience in higher education and program development is also desirable.
To apply, please visit: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/1338113
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency