Lead Supervising Psychologist
Nevada State College (NSC) appreciates your interest in employment. To ensure your application process runs smoothly, we ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- The required documents are listed below on the posting. Your application may not be considered if you do not attach the required documents.
- Draft applications are saved automatically and can be accessed through your candidate home account. Completed applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
- Please note, recruitment will close without notice when a hiring decision has been made.
If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact the Human Resources department at (702) 992-2320 or email@example.com.
Nevada State University invites applications for the position of Lead Supervising Psychologist to work within Nevada State's new Psychoeducational Mental Health Clinic. The primary function of the Clinic is to provide psychoeducational evaluations to school-age students. The Lead Supervising Psychologist will be responsible for leading evaluations and overseeing all Clinic operations to ensure the safe, legal, ethical, and professional operation of the Clinic. They will also be responsible for providing an environment in which staff and trainees are enabled to meet the standards required.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
Nevada State University, a four-year Minority Serving public institution with a statewide mission, is dedicated to excellence in teaching and learning and committed to the advancement of a diverse and largely under-served student population. Designated a Hispanic Serving (HSI) and Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Institution (AANAPI), Nevada State is a university where teaching and student support are valued above all else.
A majority of our students are first generation, racial/ethnic minorities, parents, and/or returning students, of which 45% are Hispanic, 12% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 11% are Black/African American, 25% are White, and 7% are multiracial.
We celebrate the storied backgrounds of our campus community. We operate with a shared commitment to represent and serve the diverse population of Nevada and to encourage the exchange of ideas that respects and honors the lived experiences of our students, staff, and faculty. We foster a culture of inclusive excellence so our members can live authentically, fully engage, and flourish. In order to strengthen the university and progress its mission, the university dedicates itself to intentional and ongoing reflection to meeting the evolving needs of Nevada State University, the surrounding communities, and the State of Nevada.
We seek applicants who are passionate about working with this promising student population and collaborating with faculty and staff across departments to make a lasting impact in developing our institution and our community.
We encourage you to highlight your background in fostering an inclusive campus culture and supporting the success of students who are historically underrepresented in higher education.
- Maintain key license(s) and credential(s) as required for the position.
- Work collaboratively with Nevada State units to initiate and maintain Clinic operations.
- Launch the Nevada State Psychoeducational Mental Health Clinic including all necessary components including financial operations and staff training and supervision.
- Conduct and oversee evaluations that align with DSM-5-TR and considers Nevada Administrative Code for special education eligibility.
- Establish a Clinic billing system to include a variety of payment and billing options.
- Collaborate with School Psychology faculty on student field experiences, practicum hours, and internship opportunities.
- Maintain collaborative relationship with the Clark County School District Psychological Services Department to align evaluative needs and deliverables.
- Create and maintain a Policy and Procedures Manual for the Clinic.
- Maintain interprofessional, interdisciplinary and intradisciplinary consultation and collaboration to enhance the development and operation of the Clinic to ensure that client/patient care and training outcomes meet best standards of practice.
- Oversee the professional procedures of the Clinic, including adherence to ethical and legal requirements; and respect for diversity and equity within the Clinic environment; and for professional conduct and client/patient care.
- Collaborate with colleagues at Nevada State to market and promote services provided by the Clinic.
- Collaborate with Speech and Language Pathology faculty on Clinic administration and management procedures in a shared Clinic space.
- Doctoral level degree in Psychology, School Psychology, or a related field.
- Possess and maintain current Nevada licensure as a psychologist which allows them to function as the primary provider of evaluations eligible for medical insurance reimbursement.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in professional practice.
- Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship (Nevada State does not sponsor employment-related visas).
Please note: Applicants must meet the posted minimum qualifications at the time of application in order to be considered for the position.
- Experience evaluating individuals from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Professional expertise with neuropsychology or genetic evaluations.
- Experience in a variety of work settings.
- Experience working in a school district within Nevada.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
Salary & Benefits
Budgeted salary for this position is $105,000.00. Nevada State University offers excellent benefits, including 17.50% retirement match, 24 annual leave days, beginning balance of 30 sick leave days, 12 paid holidays, educational benefits, and three health insurance plans that can be supplemented with flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts. Continuation of the position is contingent on grant funding.
This Posting is Open Until Filled
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply immediately. Lists of eligible candidates will be established and hiring may occur early in the recruiting process. Recruitment will close without notice when a hiring decision has been made.
Special Instructions for Internal NSHE Applicants
Nevada State University employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE, UNLV, UNR, NSU, CSN, TMCC, WNC, GBC, or DRI) MUST use the "Browse Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at Nevada State and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Browse Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site.
If you complete an application outside of the internal application process, your application will be returned and you will have to reapply as an internal applicant which may delay your application.
Please note, once you submit your application the only attachment(s) viewable to you will be the attachment(s) to the resume/CV section of the application. Any additional required attachment(s) to the cover letter, references, additional documents sections of the application, will not be viewable to you after you submit your application. All uploaded attachment(s) will be on the application for the committee to review. To request updates to attachments, prior to the committee review of applications, please contact the candidate helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please upload the following documents:
- Detailed resume listing relevant qualifications and experience;
- Cover Letter indicating why you are a good fit for the position and Nevada State University;
- Names and contact information of three references, at least one of whom can speak to your teaching ability (you will be notified before references are contacted).
Applications that do not include the required uploaded documents may not be considered.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications in their cover letter. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
References will be contacted at the appropriate phase of the recruitment process.
This position may require a criminal background check to be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Nevada State College does not currently sponsor Visas, all applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Nevada State College
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/NSU-external/job/NSC---Henderson/Lead-Supervising-Psychologist_R0139147
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency