Visiting Assistant Professor (Open Specialization) 2 Positions
Position Details: Gustavus Adolphus College invites applications for two full-time, visiting positions in the Department of Psychological Science to begin September 1, 2022. These are one-year appointments, however the department anticipates continued vacancies, and the successful candidate(s) may be considered for reappointment, contingent upon favorable evaluation and the continuing needs of the College.
Institution Information: Gustavus Adolphus College seeks employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. The Gustavus Acts strategic plan renews our commitment to equip students to lead purposeful lives, and to act on the great challenges of our time by diversifying and expanding the Gustavus community and delivering a distinctive and integrated liberal arts education.
Minnesota is home to a vibrant African American community and growing communities of Hmong, Latinx, and Somali peoples, as well as significant numbers of Indigenous people. We believe that representation from all of these groups contributes positively to our student body.
We are committed to fostering a community that embodies the value of a liberal arts education rooted in pluralism. We engage in this work at a coeducational, private, Lutheran (ELCA) College of Swedish immigrant heritage that is a leading residential, national liberal arts institution of 2200 students.
Department Information: The Department of Psychological Science is committed to promoting psychology as a science both for the sake of gaining understanding and for the applications that may emerge as a consequence. For more information, see https://gustavus.edu/psychology/
Major/Essential Functions: The annual teaching assignment for both positions is 7 courses, one of which will be a one-month January Term course determined by the candidate and appropriate to the candidate's expertise. Teaching responsibilities will include courses in the candidate's specialty as well as contributions to the departmental required courses. Applicants with the ability to teach statistics, research methods and/or general psychology will be given preference.
Application Procedures: To apply, visit https://gustavus.edu/jobs and complete the online application. Please only submit the required documents which include the following:
- Letter of application that addresses the position qualifications listed above
- Curriculum vitae
- A brief (one page) statement of teaching philosophy
- Transcripts (scanned copies acceptable)
- The names and contact information for three professional references (at least one must be able to address teaching experience and teaching effectiveness; please indicate the teaching reference in your letter of application). Please do not ask references to submit letters of recommendation; the committee will conduct reference checks by phone
Review of applications will begin May 25, 2022, and continue until the position is filled. At this time, please only upload the required documents listed above. Incomplete applications will not be considered by the search committee.
Gustavus Adolphus College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, or veteran status in its education or employment programs or activities.
- PhD in Psychology or ABD status.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching
- A demonstrated commitment to pedagogical methods that enable students across racial, ethnic, and socio-economic groups to reach their maximum potential.
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Experience teaching undergraduate courses and knowledge of evidence-based pedagogy
- Experience advising and engaging in research collaboration with undergraduates
- A clear understanding of the importance of a liberal arts education and a vision for contributing to that education.
Posted May 3, 2022
Marie Walker | email@example.com | 507-933-7412
Posted: Tue May 3, 2022
To apply, visit https://gustavus.edu/employment/job/1991
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency